HOW TO CLEAN KITCHEN SINK 100% PERFECTLY
Today we gonna talk about “how to clean kitchen sink”. Food prepared in a clear, pleasant place gives you more appetite. But if the area is not neat and stinking, it’s pretty sure you will lose your taste.
Your kitchen sink is the most used part of your home. Therefore no wonder it is the place where get dirtier faster. If you left it unclean for so long, it would undoubtedly be the place where you get bugs, stinky. Every day it deals with leftover food, oils, raw meat, and many things. So it gets dirty every day and makes it smelly. It is your responsibility to clean it every day and keep it fresh.
HOW TO CLEAN KITCHEN SINK
You may have stainless steel or porcelain washbasin in your kitchen. But with these simple things, you can chase away smelly stains on them.
Cleaning a stainless steel sink
- Remove and wash everything in the washbasin you have put, including plates and leftover food.
- Using a soft soap, warm water, and soft cloth, wash the whole area of the basin, including the outer rim, faucets, and drain. ( do this each time you used this)
- Pour boiling water into the washbasin directly. It will loosen the clogged materials and make them wash away. Do this several times by week.
- Mix 01 teaspoon of baking soda into a quarter cup (1/4) of lemon juice and pour it over the sink’s surface. Let it stands for 10 minutes. Then flush it with boiling water.
- Mix half cup of baking soda to quarter cup of lime juice. Pour the mixture directly into the drain and spill a half cup of white vinegar onto it. Cover and keep this stand for 5-10 minutes. Pour boiling water directly into the mixture. Cleaning agents will soothe and break the clog, and hot water will wash them away before making them together again.
- Dry the washbasin using a new cloth completely. Sprinkle in 1/4 cup of flour over the surface. If there’s any remaining liquid, it will make a paste, making sure to dry entirely. Using a new dry towel, gently buff around the stainless steel in circular movements. Remove the extra flour. Repeat this method till you fit into the state of your sink.
Cleaning a porcelain sink
- Gently wash the surface with dish wash and hot water.
- Spray hydrogen peroxide over the surface thoroughly. Keep it stand for 15minutes to few hours. Give a mild scrub and rinse with hot water. As hydrogen peroxide has bleaching properties, it will wash away the stains.
- Sprinkle baking soda over the space, moisten a sponge and apply a bit of elbow grease. Baking soda will foam up a bit and creep inside to the cracks and will loosen the dirt. Use a toothbrush to wipe small spots. Then rinse it with water.
- Pour a tiny amount of salt onto the stain and cover it with lemon juice. Let it stand for 5 minutes. Using a dry new cloth or sponge, scrub it and wash away.
- Add 3-4 drops of lemon oil onto a plain, dry cloth, and wipe the washbasin surface. Oil helps to keep soap resting on the surface and gives a fresh smell.
To keep your washbasin neat and fresh, always wash your dishes without holding them for a long time. After every washing, pour boiling water onto the basin. Keep a disinfectant spray and use it after every wash.
Cleaning Faucets and Handles
All faucets and handles can wash by using soap water. Then use a sponge or brush to wipe them. If there are any residue spots, add a spoonful of vinegar to the soap water and scrub. It will look shiny.
HOW TO CLEAN KITCHEN SINK DRAIN
It is not easy to cleanse clogged pipes with just water. Here are some easy hacks you may need when removing clogged pipes at your kitchen sink.
- Take 01 part of baking soda and 02 parts of white vinegar. First, place baking soda along down the drain and slowly pour vinegar. Wait for 15 minutes and wash away with boiling water.
- Heat 3 cups (710ml) of water to boiling temperature (100C). If the pipes are PVCor plastic, then make it to 60C. Gradually pour into the drain. After 5 minutes, run cold water (3 cups), which will help remove the remaining debris. Finally, flush the drain with 3 cups of hot water again.
HOW TO CLEAN KITCHEN SINK STAINS
Making stubborn stains go away is not easy with water. Try these little hints to chase them out and make the tub shiny as new.
- Apply a small layer of baking soda over the stain and gently rub it with a fresh cloth.
- Apply baking soda onto the stain and spray white vinegar over it. Keep until it reacts and scrub smoothly with a new cloth and rinse away with water. Rubbing a citrus peel will deodorize the surface.
HOW TO CLEAN KITCHEN SINK WITH BAKING SODA
Baking soda acts as a natural cleaning agent that will break grease and dirt. So it will not induce any harm to your sink surfaces. Sprinkle baking soda onto cracks, damaged spots around the faucet, handle and rub with a toothbrush or convenient brush.
HOW TO CLEAN KITCHEN SINK WITH VINEGAR
Vinegar serves as an alternative disinfectant to more harmful things like bleach. But its removal of bacteria is less than to soap or bleach. Use 1:1 ration mix vinegar with water and store this mixture in a spray bottle. Spritz and sterilize your kitchen sink.
KITCHEN SINK CLEANING LIQUID
According to Good Housekeeping Institute reviews: follows are the most suited drain cleaners,
- Best Overall Drain Cleaner: Drano Max Gel Liquid Clog Remover
- Best Enzymatic Drain Cleaner: Bio-Clean
- Best Monthly Build-up Remover: CLR Clear Pipes & Drains
- Best Crystal Drain Cleaner: Thrift Odorless Drain Cleaner
- Best Single-Use Drain Cleaner: Green Gobbler Drain Opening Pacs
- Best Combination Chemical and Enzyme Drain Cleaner: XionLab Safer Drain Opener
Here are some essential precautions to take when clearing clogged drains,
- Always try to follow the directions mentioned on the label.
- Make sure the room is well ventilated.
- Do not leave the cleaner inside the drain longer than mentioned.
- Wear gloves and eye protectors.
- Pour carefully according to the directions avoiding spillage.
- Do not mix with other products.
- Flush well after using the cleaner.
- Never use drain cleaners to clean your toilet clog.